We invite each team to donate 10% of their fundraising total to the Walking4Norfolk Fund for Unpaid Carers OR pay an optional entrance fee of £30 per head (total £150/team).These are voluntary contributions allowing us to raise money for Walking4Norfolk. In return, we can offer you wider publicity for your charity or cause, a sense of community with all the other teams, the benefit of our Leaderboard mileage tracking system, some very friendly and often hilarious competition and, we hope, increased fitness and stamina!
Our 2021 Challenge asks teams of five to walk ‘virtually’ from Norwich to Notre-Dame, Paris, to get Norfolk walking and raise much-needed funds for our charities!
Each member of the team will contribute the daily mileage s/he has walked locally (and legally!) towards accumulating a team total of 375 miles. This will successfully transport their team pin along the route from Norwich Cathedral to the cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris!
Fill out the Simple Signup formWe would like the following from you at this stage:
- Supply your name, email and mobile number;
- If you know it yet, tell us about the charity or cause your team will be supporting.
Once we have heard from you, we will be in touch to explain how the Challenge works and what you will need to provide us with in order to complete a full Registration.If you wish, you are welcome to complete the Registration straight away, but you will need to have the following information to hand:
- Team Name;
- Charity or Cause you are walking for – alternatively, please feel free to walk for Walking4Norfolk’s Fund for unpaid carers;
- Link to your fundraising page;
- Team Captain details, including name and mobile no (for coordination purposes, we will be creating a Team Captains’ WhatsApp Group);
- Your permission for us share information about your team and its members on our website, social media and via broadcast media features.
- Corral the teams throughout, up to and across the start line and through to the finish;
- Create a dedicated WhatsApp group for Team Leaders to coordinate the Challenge;
- Monitor and map your team’s daily progress;
- Publish a daily W4N blog on the website with all the latest news and stories;
- Post daily via our social media channels to maximise publicity for all;
- Encourage local news media to pick up our stories and fundraising achievements;
- Bestow W4N Awards for the fastest, the funniest and the most imaginative teams!
The Team Page can additionally include:
- Promotional material about your cause or charity;
- Any associated photos or logos;
- The names of your team members, with or without photos;
- Anything else you’d like to add, to support your fundraising efforts.